- Our Parish
- Faith Formation
- Ministries / Organizations
CLICK HERE —>>>Sts. Peter and Paul Facebook Page – Mass Live Stream A new window on your browser will open.
Once you reach the Facebook page, you will need to scroll down past the header and page information to the heading “POSTS” to see the latest live screen video stream. Click on the large play arrow to begin the broadcast. If you’re early to the stream, you might also need to hit ‘refresh’ on your browser to restart the broadcast.
Deacon Tom’s Gospel Reflection
Fourteenth Sunday of Ordinary
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.”Mt.11:28
What are our burdens-money, fame, pleasure, what do we struggle for?
Our burden is that master passion of our lives that shape & control our decisions. It basically comes down to two: self will or God’s will. When we try to do it our way, we find it hard and difficult. It is impossible to please ourselves all the time, and we become frustrated and upset. Christ tells us, try it my way and we will find rest. We will find it more satisfying to please God and others, than always trying to make life for ourselves.
God let us come to your way!
The OLSH Mission Commissionis now accepting donations!
The Mission Commission storage room is once again open for your donations of used clothing, household items and toys. The storage room is located, next to the Music Room at OLSH. Donated items are taken to the Mountain Outlet in Paintsville Kentucky. Proceeds from the thrift store benefit St. Michael’s Our Lady of the Mountains School. If you have questions, call Beth at 484-1570.
UPDATED Guidelines, Restrictions and Safety
- All in attendance must wear a cloth face covering or mask of their own.
- Entrance to Church is restricted to one set of doors. Doors open one hour before Mass.
- Doors will be locked to incoming parishioners once Mass begins or capacity is reached.
- Limited seating due to social distancing. Seating is first come, first served. Arrive early.
- Temperatures may be taken prior to entrance.
- Use hand sanitizer as you enter.
- Restrooms will be available during Mass. They will be sanitized after each liturgy/Mass.
- No collection will be taken up. Collection boxes will be in place.
- Alternate pew usage. Sit in marked pews. Pews will be sanitized every other liturgy/ Mass.
- EXIT the church patiently, observing social distancing.
- Music will be printed in disposable worship aids. Take these home or place in recycle box by door.
- No physical contact during the Our Father or sign of peace, outside of immediate family.
- No Communion procession, the Eucharistic Minister will come to you.
- Say Amen before removing face covering to receive the Eucharist. Receive only in palm of hand.
- All Eucharistic Ministers will wash and sanitize hands before distributing.
- Communion taken only to home-bound in your home, care, or in regular contact with you.
- No Servers, only one Lector, limited number of EMOHC, no choir, cantor only.
- Friday noon Mass is for High-Risk parishioners only, and if necessary, their driver/helper.
The Archbishop has extended the dispensation from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the foreseeable
future. Anyone who finds returning to public worship worrisome, especially those in the high-risk category may
view Mass online on the Sts. Peter and Paul Facebook page, on TV at EWTN, or listen on Sacred Heart Radio,
740AM and 89.5 FM, Sundays at 8am, or attend a less crowded Mass during the week.
OLSH Golf Outing–FULL!
Thank you for your support!
OLSH Church is no longer open for daily prayer
Sts. Peter and Paul Church will be open daily for private prayer from 11am to 7pm. You may enter Sts. Peter and Paul by the courtyard door. Please use social distancing protocols. Worship aides and reading materials are available in both churches.
Announcements & News
Save the Weekend! Fri, Sept 18: 6pm – 11pm Sat, Sept 19: 4pm – 11pm Sun, Sept 20: Noon to 8pm
The Kroger Community Rewards Program was designed to support organizations by simply using your Kroger Plus Card! Sign up right away to start earning rebates for our parish. Sign in or create an account at krogercommunityrewards.com. Click on Enroll Now Under “Find Your Organization” enter DG508 (SSPP) or QC004 (OLSH), click search Click on appropriate parish name You’ll receive confirmation that …
You could be as wealthy as a king — yet miserable — if you have no friends. Or you could be as poor as dirt — yet happy — because you’re surrounded by loved ones. A recent study of human happiness by the distinguished British economist Richard Layard concludes that the most significant factor for personal happiness is relationships with …
14 weeks? ARE YOU EXPECTING A BUNDLE OF JOY? Congratulations! It’s time to call the church office for Baptism! The faith community of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart share in your joy and excitement! If you are planning to have your baby baptized, please call the parish office at 733-4950 during the 2nd trimester of pregnancy to get enrolled in the Baptism preparation …